Monday, August 6, 2012

L'Oréal Studio Secrets Desert Sunrise review & tutorial



Hello bloggerino's!

A makeup review is in store for you readers today. The product I'm going to discuss is the L'Oréal Studio Secrets quad in the shade Desert Sunrise. This quad is directed for those blue-eyed beauties. When I originally picked up this quad I was looking for an eyeshadow that was closest to three of the MAC shades I was using. I believe the three I was using were: Miss Piggy Pink, Naked Lunch, and Jest. This quad caught my eye immediately.
L'Oréal Studio Secrets Quad in Shade Desert Sunrise (Cred to lorealparisusa.com)

                                         

It took me awhile to actually try out this product once I bought it. But, once I did I fell in love. It was eye-popping, super pigmented, and gives off a beautiful sparkle finish. The glitter, for those who hate it, is not an overwhelming glitter. It adds a sparkle to your eyes.

As many drugstore quads do nowadays, it provides a guide on the back. The guide instructs you where to place each shade:

1. All over the lid

2. A highlight for the brow bone & inner tear duct

3. In the crease

4. As an eyeliner

Although the guide instructs you I have recently been going my own route. My favorite thing to do is place the eggshell color on 1/2 of the inside of my lower lid. Then, place the peach shade on the outer half. Next, I take shades 1, 3, & 4 in the crease, buffing it in. Blend, blend, blend! Next, I place shade 2 on the brow bone as a highlight. Line your eyes with what eyeliner and color you please. I prefer black on the lids and waterline, but that's just me! Top it off with mascara and you have a popping eye look!

So, overall, I give this product two thumbs up! This is not a dupe for the MAC colors I have listed but I think this quad works better with my skin tone and eye color.

Have any of you used this quad before? Leave your thoughts and comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 c'estlamode, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena